Take the weight off your shoulders, and let your passion find you


December 14, 2010

The Night Before TEEs

"Twas the night before TEEs
And all through the Corps,
The cadets crammed
To memorize just a little bit more.

Though exhausted from Army/Navy
cadets resisted their beds,
While visions of essays
Danced through their heads.

However, up in my room
The fear quickly sank in
TEEs were tomorrow!
Studying? I’ve yet to begin!

“Why TEE Week” I wondered
"Why are they so mean?"
A sleepless week’s battle
To finally Beat the Dean!

Between the coffee and Monsters
My nerves were now shot,
But with the Comma Club approaching
I brewed a new pot.

I turned through my notes
But the facts were all muddy
My mind was a mess
I simply couldn’t study.

“Some food could do it,”
I thought with a shiver
But it seemed all of Highland Falls
Refused to deliver.

Dong Fong was closing
Their last meal was made
So I turned to ol’ faithful
A party pizza from Shades.

The grease was distracting
causing burping and farts
searching for answers,
a blind man throwing darts.

A double-knock,
Then, my door opened wide
And Patron Saint Procrastinate
Stumbled inside.

His face was unshaven,
His boots were not shined,
He cried out in cadence
His game plan in rhymes.

“On Spark Notes! On Wiki!
On all partial credit!
On plug-n-chug, dump,
then immediately forget it!”

Roger, good copy.
He’d convinced me all right,
As he flew out the window,
He yelled in the night.

“The Dean always wins,
So just do your best,
Happy TEEs to All,
And to ALL a good test!”

1 comment: